Volunteer opportunities are available for individuals who are 18 years of age or older and willing to commit a minimum of three hours a month for at least six months. Volunteer shifts are Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Individuals interested in volunteering at CTRC should complete the volunteer application then call (210) 450-5574 to schedule an interview.
- Information Desk Volunteers: Greet patients and visitors, direct them to appropriate area, and provide general assistance when needed (Volunteer Shifts: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Patient Guides: Assist Patients and nurses in Chemotherapy Treatment Areas (Volunteer Shifts: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Special event volunteers: Educational events, fundraising events, survivor retreat, etc.
- Wellness Center volunteers: Looking for people with special expertise to teach classes (Yoga, Tai Chi, etc)
- Handmade blankets or small neck pillows for patients to use while being treated (then they can take them home)
- Donations of hats
- Small simple craft kits with instructions, which can be used by patients while receiving treatment
- Puzzles, word game books, playing cards, checkers, etc.
- CTRC Council
Current volunteers can view and manage their schedules, sign up for vacant schedule openings, receive news and messages from the volunteer office and much, much more. New volunteers will receive instructions on how to access the Volunteer Information Center.
Click on the following link to get started.